Zemaitis Guitars introduce the new Custom Shop Metal Front (CSMF) series. The Metal Front CSMF-101 proves that Zemaitis can truly make “art with strings” with beautiful work from master engraver Danny O’Brien…
The Metal Front™ was originally to designed to shield the guitar and reduce hum. The design found success in more ways than one. Not only did it reduce noise, but Danny O’Brien’s beautiful engravings etched the guitar’s way into history. Zemaitis Guitars have been owned & used by artists of the calibre of Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, George Harrison & James Honeyman-Scott of the Pretenders.
Zemaitis Guitars is a British guitar manufacturing company now based in Tokyo, Japan. The company was started by the Lithuanian luthier Tony Zemaitis. Zemaitis passed away in 2002, but his legacy lives on thanks to the Japan-based owners of the brand, who worked with Tony and his family to re-create these unique instruments.
The Zemaitis guitar brand brings forth a superior quality of workmanship and style that contributed one of the major guitar innovations with the Zemaitis Metal Front™. Teaming up with the master engraver Danny O’Brien resulted in making unique and beautiful engravings for Zemaitis Metal Front™ guitars including the badge, truss rod cover, pickup mount rings, tailpiece, jackplate, and the rear plate. The work is then completed by hand by the team of shotgun engravers, schooled in the same techniques as Danny.
- Body: Select African Mahogany
- Top: the aluminum top, tailpiece, trussrod cover, pickup rings, jack plate,
- and back plate all feature extensive engraving designed by Danny O’Brien
- Wood finish: natural satin lacquer
- Weight: 9.6 lbs
- Neck: Select African Mahogany
- Neck Width: 1.693″ (43mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fretboard radius: 12 1/32″ (305mm)
- Nut Width: 1.69″
- Scale: 25″ (635mm)
- Frets: 24 Frets / Medium
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® Custom PAF®
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® Custom PAF®
- Bridge: Custom Zemaitis with stop tailpiece
- Tuners: Die-cast Schaller® M6
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-Way Toggle SW
- Colors: Natural wood, Black wood
- Country Manufactured: Japan