New Lightning Sky artwork for 2012 on the Jackson Randy Rhoads RR1. Alder body, quartersawn Eastern hard rock maple neck-thru-body, compound-radius ebony fingerboard, Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups, Floyd Rose Original tremolo, black hardware (flame maple top and chrome hardware on trans finishes).
The story goes that when Randy Rhoads commissioned Jackson to build the RR1 he asked them to elongate the top ‘horn’ so that the body bore more resemblance to a shark’s fin
Jackson Randy Rhoads RR1 Ligntning Sky features:
- Body: alder with flame maple top on transparent colors
- Neck: neck-thru-body quartersawn maple
- Tuning machines: die-cast tuners
- Fingerboard: ebony
- Number of frets: 22 jumbo frets
- Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB TB4 Humbucking Bridge Pickup – Direct Mount
- Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan® Jazz SH2N Humbucking Neck Pickup
- Controls: master volume, tone (bridge pickup), tone (neck pickup)
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
- Pickup switching: 3-position toggle: 1: bridge pickup, 2: bridge and neck pickups, 3: neck pickup
- Hardware: black (chrome on transparent colors)
- Scale length: 25.5 in.