To celebrate the achievements of this original and dynamic artist, Gibson USA presents the Derek Trucks Signature SG. The Derek Trucks Signature SG is crafted by Gibson USA in the image of the groundbreaking 1961 SG, with its radical asymmetrical dual-horned body style with characteristic beveled body edges. Body and neck are made from Grade-A mahogany and finished in high-gloss Heritage Cherry.
This SG is rendered in the style of the slightly modified 1961 models that Derek Trucks plays, and built to his preferred specs for a superb, fast playing feel.
Gibson Derek Trucks SG features:
- Grade-A Mahogany body with high-gloss nitrocellulose finish
- Mahogany neck with slim “true D” profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with figured acrylic inlays
- Pair of ’57 Classic humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge with Lyre vibrato covered stopbar tailpiece
- Vintage-style machine heads with pearloid buttons and 14:1 tuning ratio