Gibson USA introduces the SG Special ’70s Tribute – a guitar that captures the look, feel and tone of the instruments that made massive music during a decade when rock was king. The SG Special ’70s Tribute offers all the quality and performance that has made the guitar so popular with hard-gigging guitarists since its introduction in 1983, with crucial updates that ally it to many legendary Gibson guitars of the 1970s.
Like many great Gibsons of the ’70s, the neck on the SG Special 70’s Tribute is made from maple and carved to a profile unique to the era, which measures .800” deep at the 1st fret and increases to .963” at the 12th.
Gibson SG Special 70’s Tribute features:
- Mahogany body available in 4 stunning satin finishes
- Maple neck with unique ’70s, thin-to-thick profile with volute
- Pair of dual blade alnico Mini Humbuckers in the neck and bridge
- Tune-o-matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece
- TonePros™ vintage style tuners with 16:1 tuning ratio