Supro guitars are reborn for the 21st century. The Supro Island Series Westbury is modelled after Supro’s original 1962 Ozark guitar keeping many classic features, such as the 1960’s-era beveled-edge Ozark body, the original field-coil Gold Foil pickups, and the iconic Wave tailpiece. The new Island Series Westbury uses modern construction techniques and is crafted from high quality parts and designed to perform even better than the originals…
The Supro Island Series Westbury includes 21st-century updates of the original Supro electric solidbody guitar including an ultra-fast satin neck, Tune-o-matic bridge and updated Wave tailpiece. The result is a modern player’s instrument with old-school style and authentic Supro tone!
The time-tested tone-wood recipe of an Alder body paired with a 25 ½” scale Maple neck and Rosewood fretboard combine with the Westbury’s vintage-correct pickups to produce an exceptionally dynamic playing experience. The unique Gold Foil pickups found in the Supro Westbury are faithful reproductions of the original magnetics developed for Valco by Ralph Keller in the early 1950s.
The Westbury guitar and its relatives in the Island Series were designed by Glenn Sweetwood and David Koltai, with technical assistance from master designer Trevor Wilkinson and vintage pickup expert Ken Calvet.
- Body design: Vintage Supro solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Construction: Set-neck
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Scale length: 25 ½” / 648mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: dots
- Frets: 22 extra-jumbo frets with 6100 fretwire
- Fretboard: 12″ radius
- Top nut: Corian
- Number of Pickups: 2
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Gold Foil single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Gold Foil single-coil
- Electronics: 50’s-wiring volume and tone controls
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way selector
- Bridge: Tune-o-Matic
- Tailpiece: vintage style Wave tailpiece
- Colors: Bronze, Arctic White, Blue Metallic, Jet Black, Tobacco Sunburst
- Country manufactured: Indonesia (Island Series)