Strandberg release a new version of the Boden OS 7 headless 7-string. Constructed in the highly regarded World Musical Instruments factory in South Korea, the OS Series utilizes the same materials as Strandberg’s Custom Shop instruments but at a lower price-point…
The Boden OS 7 has the original body shape designed by Ola Strandberg, combining excellent ergonomics with style and aesthetics. It is named after the city Boden in the north of Sweden, drawing on the resemblance between its shape and reindeer antlers.
The Strandberg Boden OS 7 features a radically-carved chambered Swamp Ash body with a flame Maple top (very lightweight only 2 kg/4.4 lbs – 2.3 kg/5 lbs depending on pickups). The 3-piece Birdseye Maple bolt-on multiscale neck features a headless design, patented EndurNeck profile, 20-inch radius & 24 stainless steel frets arranged in a fanned configuration. The Boden OS 7 comes loaded with dual EMG 707X soapbar pickups.
The Boden OS line is manufactured at the highly regarded World Musical Instruments factory in South Korea, to Ola Strandberg’s exact specifications, from the same high quality materials as all the Strandberg guitars with no corners cut.
- Body: Chambered Swamp Ash with torso carve & arm bevel
- Top: book-matched Flame Maple
- Construction: Bolt-on neck
- Neck profile: EndurNeck™
- Neck: 5-piece Birdseye Maple neck with Carbon Fiber/(2x) rosewood fillets
- Fretboard: Birdseye Maple/Rosewood
- Scale length: 26.25” – 25.5”
- Neck radius: 20”
- Frets: 24 x stainless steel fan-fretted
- Side dot markers: glow in the dark
- Fret markers: glow in the dark (offset low > 12th < high)
- Pickups: EMG 707X
- Bridge: Strandberg EGS Series 4 fixed bridge & string locks
- Controls: Ebony Volume/Tone, 3-way switch
- Hardware: Black
- Colors/finishes: Natural, Red, Black Matte Poly
- Weight: 2.3 kg / 5 lbs approx
- Strings: .010 – .059
- Country manufactured: South Korea