Introducing the Seth Baccus Nautilus Classic. The Nautilus Classic takes the concept in the direction of the legendary maple topped late 50′s guitars. It is a modern interpretation of a very traditional style…
With a beautiful flamed or quilted carved maple top, a bound fingerboard with genuine mother of pearl crown inlays, and finished with nitro cellulose lacquer, it looks and feels familiar in a really comforting way and pays homage to that golden era of single cutaway guitars.
Incorporating the “F” style 25.5″ (648mm) scale length on this kind of instrument gives a unique voice, although firmly rooted in what you would expect from a Mahogany and Maple combination. You will find a blend of tight bass response, clear articulation across all strings, sustain and power with a very open harmonically rich tone.
The Classic is also available as an all mahogany carved top with an Ebony board and genuine mother of pearl block inlays reminiscent of the late 50′s black beauties.
- Body Material: Honduras Mahogany
- Top: Highly figured maple
- Body Binding: single binding
- Finish: Nitro Cellulose
- Neck Material: Honduras Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: mother of pearl crown markers
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fingerboard radius: 12 inch
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: “F” style 25.5″ (648mm)
- Number of Pickups: 2
- Neck Pickup: Bare Knuckle pickups – Mississippi Queen humbucker sized P90
- Bridge Pickup: Black Dog humbucker
- Pickup options: other combinations can be chosen by customer request
- Machine heads: Gotoh 510
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Tone Pros locking bridge and tail piece