Ruokangas Guitars celebrate their 20th anniversary by releasing the new Unicorn Supersonic model – not only a new Ruokangas model but also a brand new Bare Bone™ finish….
The Ruokangas Unicorn Supersonic features a new and original Lock-Thru-Body™ bridge bushing that make the guitar stronger (the wraparound bridge will not bend forward in time, like you often see happening with this bridge type) and guarantees unparalleled energy transference from the bridge to the body of the guitar. Other features include Ruokangas trademark tonewood materials Spanish Cedar and Arctic Birch, Custom 1957 P90 pickups by Harry Häussel, aluminium ABM 3024 bridge, openback Gotoh SE700 tuners and stainless steel frets.
“They say rock music is from the devil. Don’t know about that, but there sure is something devilishly seductive in mean, stripped down rock’n’roll – and that’s exactly what provoked me to create the Unicorn Supersonic.” – Juha Ruokangas
The waiting list for a custom ordered Unicorn Supersonic is 8 months.
- Body wood: Spanish Cedar
- Top wood: Arctic Birch
- Neck wood: thermo-treated Maple
- Fingerboard wood: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Frets: 22 stainless steel
- Neck shape:
- Scale length:
- Number of Pickups: 2
- Neck Pickup: Custom 1957 P90 by Harry Häussel
- Bridge Pickup: Custom 1957 P90 by Harry Häussel
- Controls: 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Bridge: aluminium ABM 3024
- Bridge bushings: Lock-Thru-Body™
- Tuners: openback Gotoh SE700
- Color/finish: Bare Bone
- Country manufactured: Finland