The Rhoney Oceana Duo Tone is hand-crafted in the USA by Paul Rhoney one of today’s most innovative and highly regarded builders – the Oceana is Rhoney’s flagship model. It’s called a Duo Tone because of the 2 Roadhouse Kingston pickups..
The Rhoney Oceana Duo Tone is made from unique tone woods, a Mastery M1 bridge and Offset Vibrato factory upgrade option, and Roadhouse Kingston pickups. Perfectly bridging the gap between the vintage Supro Coronado and Supro Val Trol models of the 1950’s and the needs of modern players (particularly those who have fallen under the spell of Fender’s Offset guitar models), the Oceana is simply a delight to play.
The Rhoney Oceana Duo Tone features a Swamp Ash body, Maple neck, and Rosewood fretboard, the tone woods employed here are decidedly Fender-esque. The Roadhouse Kingston pickups are humbucker in size but single coil in actual design, crafted as an exact replica of the original Supro/National pickups of the ’50s, and featuring alnico V magnets. The Oceana Duo Tone weighs in at 8lbs 2oz (3.7kg).
The Maple neck has a full and substantial feeling “no taper” medium C profile with fairly slender shoulders and a consistent depth of .90″ up the board. The scale length is 24.625″ and the Rosewood fretboard features 22 Jescar .047x.095″ frets with perfectly rounded crowns. The hand-carved bone nut measures 1 11/16″ in width, ideally spaced for easy chording and accurate lead work. On the headstock, a set of Hipshot tuners turn extremely smoothly and hold pitch well.
All of the electronics work flawlessly, with the Roadhouse pickups wired to Master Volume and Tone knobs as well as a conventional Switchcraft three-way pickup selector switch. The Mastery M1 bridge and Offset Vibrato are two pieces of exceptionally well crafted USA-made hardware, and the bridge and vibrato work together as a team to provide a stable, reliable, and tonally rich playing experience. The Vibrato is a faithful recreation of the original Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster design, with an adjustable arm collet and perfect spring tension for deep dives, surfy warbles, and everything in between.
- Body Material: Swamp Ash or African Mahogany
- Pickguard: none
- Body Type: Offset solidbody
- Neck wood: Maple (optional Rosewood or Ebony)
- Neck Shape: Medium C no-taper neck profile (approx. .90-.90″)
- Scale Length: 24.625″ / 625.47mm
- Fingerboard wood: Rosewood
- Fingerboard inlays: none
- Frets: 22 Jescar .047x.095″
- Nut width: 1 11/16″
- Fretboard radius: 12″ / 304.8mm
- Number of Pickups: 2
- Neck Pickup: Roadhouse Kingston single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Roadhouse Kingston single-coil
- Pickup magnets: Alnico V
- Controls: 1 x Master Volume, 1 x Master Tone, Switchcraft 3-way pickup selector switch
- Bridge: Mastery M1
- Tailpiece: Mastery Vibrato (optional Bigsby Vibrato)
- Tuners: open-gear Hipshot
- Colors: Metallic Orange, Metallic Blue, Black
- Weight: 8lbs 2oz / 3.7kg
- Country manufactured: USA