Reverend Guitars team up with Neck Deep guitarist Matt West for new signature model – the Reverend Matt West MW-1. Based on the Reverend Jetstream that West loves, the MW-1 has a single Reverend CP90 pickup, a Wilkinson tremolo, reverse headstock and tortoiseshell pickguard…
The Reverend Matt West MW-1 features a solid Korina (aka White Limba) body, Maple neck and Maple fingerboard, 25 1/2″ scale length with 22 frets and a medium oval neck profile. On all Reverend Guitars, there is a Boneite nut and locking tuners, Reverend’s Bass Contour Control, and a dual-action truss rod.
“If you haven’t seen Matt West play, be prepared. He can fly. And levitate. And do all kinds of other gymnastics that people shouldn’t be able to do when they rock out like that. So, Matt didn’t need extra pickups to weigh him down. The Matt West Signature Model has one Reverend 9A5 at the bridge for that aggressive, percussive, and raw sound, and a Wilkinson for lots of dive-bombing. The reverse headstock with his wizard logo on the back adds to the magic. Maybe you’ll be able to fly, too…”
Matt West is a member of the Welsh pop-punk band, Neck Deep, known for their intense and philosophical lyrics as much as their riff-driven music. The band is about to embark on the Vans Warped Tour for the entire US run. They will release their third studio album, The Peace and the Panic, on August 18, 2017.
The guitar will be released Friday, June 16, 2017, in conjunction with West’s Warped Tour appearance.
- Body: Korina (AKA White Limba) solidbody
- Neck: Maple – Satin Amber Finish
- Scale length: 25 1/2″ / 648mm
- Neck profile: Medium Oval
- Fingerboard: Maple – 12″ Radius
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Fingerboard inlays: Dots
- Nut: 43mm Width – Boneite
- Truss rod: Dual Action – Headstock Access
- Number of Pickups: 1
- Pickup (bridge): Reverend 9A5
- Bridge: Wilkinson WVS50 IIK Tremolo
- Tuners: Reverend Pin-Lock
- Controls: Volume, Tone, Bass Contour
- Colours: Powder Yellow, Midnight Black
- Country manufactured: South Korea
- Strings: 10-46