PRS introduce the all-new, made-in-the-US, quirky, stripped-for-action S2 Vela! The Vela is a new addition to the S2 lineup that brings together the best of vintage and modern guitar design. It’s more than just a new body shape for PRS. Affordable, American and original – is the Vela PRS’s coolest ever electric…?
Anchored by PRS playability and craftsmanship, the S2 Vela is perfect for players who want PRS build quality and reliability with a fresh aesthetic. The Vela is the maiden voyage into an offset body shape for PRS and is both elegant and edgy. Loaded with a PRS-designed Starla humbucker in the bridge and the newly designed PRS Type-D single coil in the neck, the Vela has a bright, punchy tone that sounds great plugged into your pedalboard or straight into an amp. A coil-tap on the tone control allows the Starla pickup to split into singlecoils and explore a whole new range of tones. The newly designed plate-style bridge holds two brass saddles specifically designed for great sustain and perfect intonation so both rhythm and lead tones sound great no matter where you are on the fretboard.
In the studio or on the stage, you won’t want to leave this guitar at home.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25″
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Dots
- Fretboard Inlays (Optional): Birds
- Neck Shape: Pattern Regular
- Treble Pickup: PRS S2 Starla
- Bass Pickup: PRS S2 Type-D Singlecoil
- Controls: Volume and Push-Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector
- Bridge: PRS Plate-Style
- Tuners: PRS S2 Locking Tuners
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Colors: Antique White, Tobacco Sunburst, Seafoam Green, Black, McCarty Tobacco, Sienna, Vintage Cherry and Vintage Mahogany