PRS Guitars announce the re-introduction of their CE 24 model. The original CE (which stands for Classic Electric) came out in 1988 and was the first bolt-on Maple neck from PRS. It lasted for 20 years in the linup then discontinued in 2008 but now it’s back …
Since the dawn of rock and roll, the snap and response that comes from a bolt-on neck guitar has been an essential part of the mix. These attributes have, in turn, become essential to many players trying to tell their story through music. The CE 24 brings the bolt-on platform back to the main PRS lineup with some significant updates.
The CE 24 pairs PRS’s traditional body combination of the mahogany back and maple top with a bolt-on maple neck and rosewood fretboard. The neck sports a Pattern Thin carve and satin nitro finish for a natural, addictive feel. To further maximize the guitar’s inherent tone and clarity, the CE 24 features PRS 85/15 pickups, which Paul designed to have remarkable clarity as well as extended high and low end. The electronics consist of a volume and push/pull tone control with 3-way toggle switch for a total of six classic sounds.
The original CE was introduced in 1988 and offered players PRS design and quality with the added snap and sparkle of traditional bolt-on guitars. Returning after nearly a decade of being out of the lineup, the CE 24 is back and better than ever.
- Top Wood: Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 25″ (635mm)
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fretboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Birds
- Neck Shape: Pattern Thin
- Number of Pickups: 2
- Treble Pickup: 85/15 Treble
- Bass Pickup: 85/15 Bass
- Controls: Volume and Push/Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Toggle
- Bridge: PRS-Designed Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS-Designed Locking Tuners
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Colors: McCarty Sunburst, Vintage Sunburst, Grey Black, Trampas Green, Amber, Champagne Gold Metallic, Frost Green Metallic, Dark Cherry Sunburst, Ruby, Whale Blue
- Country manufactured: Maryland, USA