It’s all about the blue whale! It is no coincidence that this extraordinary guitar shares its name with the giant of the
oceans. In cooperation with whale researcher Richard Sears, Nik Huber Guitars offers this stunning piece of guitar art in a 25 piece limited edition.
The profit from this special edition Blue Whale will support Sears’ Mingan Island Cetacean Study’s research devoted to the conservation of this most impressive but endangered whale species.
Nik Huber Blue Whale II features:
- Body Top: Mastergrade Onepiece Quilted Maple
- Body Wood: Figured/ Curly Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Brazilian Rosewood – 50 years old! (2 piece w/ maple middle laminate)
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25,5″ (648mm)
- Radius Compound: 10″ – 14″ (255mm – 355mm)
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo, extra hard (2,49mm wide – 1,19mm high), routed fretslots
- Trussrod: Double Action (Single Rod, compressed)
- Shape: Dolphin Std.
- Width at Nut: 1,67“ (42,5mm)
- Thickness: 0,88“ (22,5mm) at 1st Fret; 0,96“ (24,5mm) at 12th
- Fretboard Inlay: (2 Blue Whales) made of 185 pieces!
- Headstock: Quilted Maple Veneer
- Nut: Polished Bone
- Bridge: Adjustable Stoptail (Aluminum w/ Brass Studs)
- Tuners: Schaller M6 Mini w/ Brazilian Rosewood Buttons
- Knobs: Brazilian Rosewood Control Knobs & Toggle Tip
- Hardware Colour: Nickel – brushed
- Trussrod Cover: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck Pickup: Vin Humbucker w/ Nickel Cover (made by H. Häussel)
- Bridge Pickup: 1959+ Humbucker w/ Nickel Cover (made by H. Häussel)
- Electronics: 1 Master Volume Control, 1 Master Tone Control (Push/Push for Coil Tap), 3 Way Toggle Switch
- Backplate: Brazilian Rosewood
- Color: Atlantic Blue