Kiesel Carvin Guitars newest 7-string Custom Shop instrument – the Kiesel Carvin SCB7H (which stands for single-cutaway bevel-top 7-string Hipshot/Hardtail). The SCB7H is a radical departure in aesthetics from other Carvin Guitars 7-string models…
The Kiesel Carvin SCB7H has sleek and stylish looks combined with superior materials and craftsmanship and over 65 years of experience building the highest quality, USA-made instruments that are suitable for all playing styles at any level.
The SCB7H has an alder body and maple neck-through design, which means the neck runs the entire length of the instrument, adding to the sustain and stability of the neck, and allowing for a minimal neck heel. Optional body woods such as swamp ash, maple, mahogany, walnut and koa are available, all of which have their own tonal characteristics. You can add premium top woods, such as AAAA flamed maple, AAAA quilted maple, flamed koa, and California Claro walnut.
The SCB7H has a standard 25.5″ scale ebony fingerboard with white pearl dot inlays, a 14″ radius and 24 medium-jumbo nickel frets. Kiesel Carvin Guitars offers a complete selection of fingerboard options: You can choose from rosewood, maple, birdseye maple, flamed maple or zebrawood fingerboard woods; dot, diamond, signature or block inlays in mother-of-pearl or genuine abalone and black acrylic inlays.
You can choose from several different bridges. The SCB7 has the popular “M” bridge, with tune-o-matic bridge and strings fed through the body is standard. The SBC7H you choose a Hipshot™ hardtail bridge, or a Floyd Rose tremolo with or without locking nut. Premium locking tuners with a 19:1 ratio ensure you’ll stay in tune no matter what your playing style is. Standard hardware is chrome, and you can upgrade to black or gold.
Hundreds of available options allow you to build your SCB7H exactly the way you want it, and have an instrument that you’ll be proud to play and own for years to come. The SCB7H is constructed to the highest possible standards of quality and playability by the USA Custom Shop.
- Construction: 7-string, neck through body
- Body wood: alder (optional: swamp ash, maple, mahogany, walnut, koa)
- Top options: AAAA flamed maple, AAAA quilted maple, flamed koa, California Claro walnut
- Neck wood: maple (optional: mahogany, walnut, koa)
- Headstock: 4 X 3 pointed headstock (optional: can be reversed) and Kiesel logo
- Truss-rod: 2-way adjustable truss rod and dual carbon-fiber rods for additional strength & stability
- Scale length: 25.5″ / 648mm
- Fingerboard: ebony
- Fingerboard radius: 14″ / 355mm
- Inlays: standard white dots
- Neck width: 1.91″ wide @ nut, 2.6″ wide @ 24th fret
- Frets: 24 medium-jumbo, .103 wide X .048 tall
- Pickups: passive Kiesel K14 humbuckers
- Electronics: passive electronics
- Controls: master volume & tone, 5-way lever-style pickup selector
- Hardware: chrome (optional upgrade to black or gold
- Bridge: Hipshot hardtail (SCB7 has the Tune-O-Matic “M” Bridge with strings through body)
- Tuners: Premium Carvin locking tuners, 19:1 ratio
- Tuning: B – E – A – D – G – B – E
- Dimensions: 39″ long, 1.65″ thick body, 12.5″ wide body
- Average weight: 8.0 lbs
- Colors: too many to list but incl burst edge finishes, quilted maple, flamed maple, transparent or solid finishes eg: Moss Green, Deep Aquaburst, Sapphire Blue, Crimson Red, Tobacco Sunbust many more…
- Country manufactured: Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop in San Diego, California, USA