Kiesel Carvin Guitars debut the newest member of the Aries Series bolt-neck, bevel-top guitar family, the Aries AM8 Multiscale fanned-fret guitar. The AM8 is modeled on the popular 8-string Aries A8 but is the first Kiesel Carvin guitar with 24 fanned frets, and a multiscale length bolt-on neck configuration…
The Aries AM8 has an Alder body and Maple bolt-on neck design, with a newly designed easy-access sculpted neck heel. A deep body cut and beveled arm rest make the AM8 incredibly comfortable to play. The dual-action, fully adjustable truss rod helps keep the neck straight and true, and allows you to set the action just the way you like it. Dual carbon-fiber rods further strengthen the neck. The “Rapid Play” low action neck assures effortless playability throughout the entire fingerboard, while the easy access sculpted neck heel allows easy access all the way up to the 24th fret.
The AM8 comes equipped with a direct-mount passive Kiesel Lithium K16B humbucker in the bridge position, and a direct-mount passive Kiesel Lithium K16N pickup in the neck position, which are custom wound with vintage plain enamel wire that brings out the harmonically rich tone and sustain of the guitar. The pickups are angled to find the “sweet spot” on the multiscale design.
Multiscale fanned-fret instruments have been around for quite some time, and the Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop performed extensive R & D in creating our first fanned-fret guitars. The advantage of a fanned-fret instrument over a traditional instrument is that the lower baritone strings have a greater string tension thanks to the longer scale length found on that side of the fretboard, while allowing faster playing on the treble side, which has a more traditional scale. However, because of the different gauges of strings used in conjunction with the varying scale length, the lower strings will produce more defined sounds, and the entire instrument will produce more consistent tone. This is a configuration especially well suited to an 8-string guitar, because of the addition of low and high strings.
Hundreds of available options allow you to build your AM8 exactly the way you want it. There are optional Custom Shop finishes, including solid colors, translucent finishes and metallic solid finishes. You can add premium exotic top woods, such as AAAA flamed maple, AAAA quilted maple, flamed koa, burled maple, flamed spalted maple, zebrawood, and California Claro walnut. You can choose your inlays, fretwire and pickup cover colors. The AM8 is constructed to the highest possible standards of quality and playability by the Kiesel Guitars USA Custom Shop in San Diego, California.
- Body: Alder
- Dimensions: 38.25″ long, 1.65″ thick body, 12.5″ wide body
- Neck: tung-oiled maple maple with reverse pointed inline headstock and Kiesel logo
- Construction: bolt-on neck with sculpted neck joint
- Scale length: multiscale; 26″ treble side, 27.5″ bass side
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 20″ radius
- Inlays: offset white pearl dots
- Neck width: 2.148″ wide @ nut, 3.0″ wide @ 24th fret, 0.795″ thick at first fret, 0.875″ thick at 12th fret
- Frets: 24 medium-jumbo, .103 wide X .048 tall
- Pickups: angled direct-mount passive Kiesel Lithium K16 humbuckers; optional center position single-coil
- Controls: master volume and tone controls, 5-way blade-style pickup selector
- Hardware: chrome
- Bridge: multiscale Hipshot™ hardtail with strings-through-body
- Tuners: Premium Kiesel locking tuners, 19:1 ratio
- Colors/finishes: Spalted Maple, Jet Black, Ferrari Red, Surf Green, Seafoam Green, Vintage Cream, Classic White, Grabber Blue,Kiesel Racing Green, Kiesel Racing Orange, McLaren Yellow, Blue Mist Metallic, Black Magic Metallic, Candy Red Metallic, Diamond Pearl White, Gunmetal Gray Metallic, Pearl Blue, more…
- Average weight: 8.0 lbs
- Country manufactured: USA