Kiesel Carvin Guitars debut the newest member of the Aries Series bolt-neck, bevel-top guitar family, the Aries AM6 Multiscale fanned-fret guitar. The AM6 is modeled on the popular Aries A6 but is the first Kiesel Carvin guitar with 24 fanned frets, and a multiscale length bolt-on neck configuration..
The Aries AM6 has an Alder body and Maple bolt-on neck design, with a newly designed easy-access sculpted neck heel. A deep body cut and beveled arm rest make the AM6 incredibly comfortable to play. The standard headstock is the new reverse pointed inline design. The AM6 has a standard 24-fret rosewood fingerboard with offset dot inlays, a 20″ radius and 24 medium-jumbo nickel frets.
The AM6 comes equipped with a direct-mount passive Kiesel Lithium K12B humbucker in the bridge position, and a direct-mount passive Kiesel Lithium K12N pickup in the neck position, which are custom wound with vintage plain enamel wire that brings out the harmonically rich tone and sustain of the guitar. The pickups are angled to find the “sweet spot” on the multiscale design.
Multiscale fanned-fret instruments have been around for quite some time, and the Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop performed extensive R&D in creating our first fanned-fret guitar. The advantage of a fanned-fret instrument over a traditional instrument is that the lower baritone strings have a greater string tension thanks to the longer scale length found on that side of the fretboard, while allowing faster playing on the treble side, which has a more traditional scale.
Hundreds of available options allow you to build your AM6 exactly the way you want it, and have an instrument that you’ll be proud to play and own for years to come. The AM6 is constructed to the highest possible standards of quality and playability by the Kiesel Guitars USA Custom Shop.
- Body: Alder
- Construction: bolt-on neck with sculpted neck joint
- Dimensions: 38.25″ long, 1.65″ thick body, 12.5″ wide body
- Scale length: multiscale; 25.5″ treble side, 26.5″ bass side
- Neck: tung-oiled Maple with reverse pointed inline headstock and Kiesel logo
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 20″ radius
- Inlays: offset white pearl dots
- Neck width: 1.68″ wide @ nut, 2.22″ wide @ 24th fret, .780″ thick at 1st fret, .870″ thick at 12th fret
- Frets: 24 medium-jumbo, .103 wide X .048 tall
- Pickups: angled direct-mount passive Kiesel Lithium K14 humbuckers; optional center position single-coil
- Controls: master volume and tone controls, 5-way blade-style pickup selector
- Hardware: chrome
- Bridge: multiscale Hipshot™ solo saddles with strings-through-body
- Tuners: Premium Kiesel locking tuners, 19:1 ratio
- Average weight: 7.75 lbs
- Colors/finishes: Kiesel Racing Orange, Satin White, Gunmetal Grey Blackburst, Deep Aqua Flame, too many more to list!
- Options: Hundreds of available options allow you to build your AM6 exactly the way you want it
- Country manufactured: USA