Guild is proud to announce the Newark St. Collection, the return of eight classic Guild electric favorites from the 1950s and ’60s—once again putting the distinctive Guild styling and voice that helped shape popular music into the hands of today’s guitarists. A truly outstanding acoustic/electric, the A-150 Savoy is a pleasure to see and hear, pairing a wonderfully free-playing late-1950s Guild orchestra model with the distinctive addition of an exceptionally voiced DeArmond 1000 floating pickup.
Newark St. models are handcrafted instruments with authentic Guild electric tone and superior feel. Premium features include authentic Guild body shapes, arch radii and neck profiles; authentic vintage-style pickups and hardware; improved playing action ideal for today’s alternative styles; and more.
Guild Newark Street A-150B Savoy features:
- Body: 17″ x 3.25″ hollow body
- Body wood: solid Spruce top, Curly Maple back and sides
- Neck: three-piece mahogany/maple/mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75″
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with 9.45″ radius and 20 “vintage tall” frets, pearloid block inlays
- Pickup: DeArmond 1000 floating pickup
- Volume control: pickguard-mount
- Bridge: compensated Rosewood
- Tailpiece: Guild “harp”
- Tuning machines: Grover Sta-Tite
- Hardware: nickel-plated
- Available in Antique Burst and Blonde finishes