G&L Musical Instruments introduce the new Rampage Jerry Cantrell “Blue Dress”. The limited edition guitar features graphics based on those Cantrell applied to his favorite 1984 G&L Rampage, which has been a part of Cantrell’s signature sound for his entire professional career…
G&L only made 50 Rampage Jerry Cantrell “Blue Dress” models. Yes, they’re all sold and have become a rare collectors instrument but you just might find one someday…
More than twenty years ago, Jerry Cantrell bought his first G&L Rampage while working at a Dallas music store. Little did the world know that, through his work with Alice in Chains, the Rampage would be the instrument used to define the music of an entire generation. Today, Jerry’s Rampage is affectionately known by his fans as the “Blue Dress” guitar.
Its nickname comes from an image of a vintage pin-up girl wearing a blue dress, which Jerry taped to the top of his guitar. The “Blue Dress” image was originally published in an issue of Oui magazine, and was created by Alain Aslan, a world-renowned French painter and sculptor, whose work was seen in magazines such as Lui and Oui.
Each Rampage Jerry Cantrell “Blue Dress” guitar encompasses all of Jerry’s modifications and features of our Fullerton-made Rampage but with some very special upgrades and additions. Each “Blue Dress” will be signed by Jerry on the rear of the headstock, sealed in forever by factory-applied satin finish, a quarter-sawn hard-rock maple neck with ebony fingerboard, a Cantrell-designed Motor City humbucking pickup and an edition-numbered “Blue Dress” graphic neck plate.
- Body wood – US Soft Maple
- Neck wood – quarter-sawn Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard: African Ebony
- Nut: Floyd Rose Locking Nut
- Nut width: 1 3/4 (44.4mm)
- Fretboard radius: 14.00″
- Pickup: 1x single humbucker hand-wound by Motor City Pickups
- Controls: 1 Volume
- Bridge: US Kahler 2230 Brass on Brass Tremolo Bridge (recess mounted)
- Tuners: Schaller non-locking
- Hardware: Black
- Special features: Floyd Rose style locking nut, matching painted headstock, shielded control cavity
- Color: Ivory
- Finish: custom “Blue Dress” graphic by Alain Aslan
- Limited edition: only 50 produced worldwide
- Country manufactured: Fullerton, USA