Gibson USA introduces the Rudolf Schenker Flying V, a guitar fully loaded with the look, feel, and tone that took the Scorpions to the pinnacle of rock achievement. The Rudolf Schenker Flying V is immediately distinctive, with its timelessly innovative body styling and signature black-and-white finish in genuine nitrocellulose lacquer.
The appeal of this artist guitar runs far more than skin deep. Select tonewoods, classic hardware, and two of Gibson’s most successful humbucking pickups prime it for optimum performance. The guitar even nails the feel of Rudolf’s preferred Flying Vs, with his own fast custom neck profile and compact headstock shape.
Schenker founded legendary metal outfit the Scorpions in 1965 when he was still in his teens, and the band rose to world domination in one of music’s most competitive genres. Through it all, Schenker has been equally known for his blistering licks, incendiary tone, and radical style–so it’s not surprising that the most revolutionary guitar ever created, the Gibson Flying V, has remained his main squeeze for more than four decades.
Gibson Rudolf Schenker Flying V features:
- Solid Mahogany body with legendary Flying V design
- Mahogany neck carved with Rudolf Schenker’s prefered profile
- Granadillo fingerboard with acrylic dot inlays
- ’57 Classic and ’57 Plus Classic humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- Chrome Grover tuners with 14:1 ratio