Newly updated for the end of 2011, the Nighthawk Studio from Gibson USA features a new pickup array and switching, new tonewoods and three stunning new finish options—Goldtop (all-body finish) with gold top-hat knobs, Pelham Blue (all-body finish) with black top-hat knobs, and Silverburst with black top-hat knobs, all in high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer.
The Nighthawk made a major splash when it first hit the scene in 1993, and through its several evolutions this guitar continues to be popular with a wide range of players demanding a marriage of the best of Gibson tradition and clever modern design features.
Gibson Nighthawk Studio features:
- Solid Mahogany body with nitrocellulose finish
- 25-1/2″ scale Mahogany neck with ’60s SlimTaper™ neck profile
- Baked Maple fingerboard with acrylic dot inlays
- Coil-tapped Burstbucker 1 and Burstbucker 2 in the neck and bridge
- TonePros® Kluson® tuners with 16:1 tuning ratio