In September 2007, Gibson introduced the DG-335, designed in collaboration with the Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl. It was discontinued recently. Grohl’s Inspired By DG-335 has the classic Firebird-style headstock with six-on-a-side tuners set into an ES-335 style semi-hollow body. The body of the guitar has stylish diamond f-holes and a double cutaway design. The inlays on the rosewood fretboard are acrylic split diamond which is a unique feature that remains from the original Trini Lopez model. The guitar was available in two colors – Pelham Blue and Ebony.
The DG-335 is a variation on Trini Lopez’s signature Gibson, essentially a Trini Lopez with a stopbar tailpiece and with Gibson’s new Burstbucker humbuckers.
Gibson DG-335 Dave Grohl features:
- Body Material: Laminated Maple top, back, rims
- Neck Material: Rounded neck profile
- Pickups: Burstbucker 1 (neck); Burstbucker 2 (bridge)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Fingerboard: 22-fret Rosewood with split diamond inlay and white binding
- Scale: 24″
- Nut Width: 1-11/16″
- Bridge: ABR-1 and stop tailpiece
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector switch
- Color: Pelham Blue and Ebony