Fret-King release the new Black Label ‘JJ’ John Jorgenson Artist signature guitar. John Jorgenson is an eclectic virtuoso musician playing anything from country to jazz and needed a guitar that could seamlessly slip between multiple sounds & genres…
John Jorgenson has earned a reputation as a world-class musician and virtuoso guitarist who has collaborated with the likes of Elton John, Luciano Pavarotti, Bonnie Raitt and Bob Dylan. Designed in conjunction with Trev Wilkinson the new Fret-King Black Label FKV25JJ John Jorgenson Artist Model is packed with a whole host of features.
Made from American Alder, with a Canadian Maple neck matched to a Indian Rosewood fingerboard, a Wilkinson WTB fixed bridge provides solid anchoring to the guitar, providing unparralled sustain and ultimate tone transfer due to its 3, self-intonating brass saddles and chrome pickup surround.
A matched, calibrated set of Wilkinson WVT pickups are coupled with two auxiliary ‘ghost’ coils under the elegantly designed scratch plate, providing both reduced hum and the ability to move seamlessly from single-coil sparkle to warm, double coil tones at the turn of a dial, thanks to the unique ‘Vari-coil’ control.
Finished in an attractive cream green with contrasting mint-green back and sides, the Black Label ‘JJ’ can hold its own in every situation, and is an invaluable addition to any guitarists arsenal.
- Body: American Alder, chambered with faux ‘F’ hole
- Scratch Plate: Reverse painted plexi-glass pickguard
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Scale length: 25.5″ / 648mm
- Frets: 22 Medium jumbo
- Nut Width: 43mm nominal
- Nut: Graphite
- Pickup (neck): WTN/JJ
- Pickup (bridge): Wilkinson/JJ WVOBT
- Tuners: Wilkinson WJ455
- Bridge: Wilkinson WTB fixed bridge with 3 self-intonating brass saddles
- Bridge surround: cold roll steel chrome plated bridge/pickup surround
- Controls: 1 x Volume 1 x Tone 1 with bridge pickup voicing option x Vari-Coil (Hum cancelling and standard x 3-way selector switch
- Colour: Arcadian Green with contrasting Versailles Green back and sides