The Fret-King Black Label Elise ‘GG’ was designed in cooperation with Gordon Giltrap. The Elise GG is capable of articulating Gordon’s unique mix of acoustic and electric playing with an incredible tonal palette. The neck-mounted P90 and vintage voiced bridge humbucker provide traditional semi-acoustic guitar voicings, but with additional breadth, complexity and versatility.
“I loved the whole process of working with Trev Wilkinson to design a guitar for my needs, and it looks like we’ve given birth to a classic and innovative design which will find favour with discerning players looking for the ultimate semi-acoustic hybrid guitar” (Gordon Giltrap)
Fret-King Black Label Elise GG features:
- Body: solid mahogany chambered body with double carved solid maple cap and figured flamed maple top.
- Neck: Mahogany.
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12″ radius, 22 medium jumbo frets, pearl dots.
- Scale: 24.75″/628mm.
- Nut: Graphite.
- Pickup: Wilkinson WVC humbucker with solid nickel cover and backing plate, Wilkinson WP90, Wilkinson designed tune-o-matic piezo saddles.
- Controls: separate magnetic and piezo volumes, passive magnetic tone, three band active for piezo circuit, three way toggle for magnetic pickups, and three way mini-toggle to select piezo/piezo, piezo/magnetic and magnetic/magnetic only.
- Hardware: direct mounted tune-o-matic style with stop tailpiece.
- Tuners: Wilkinson WJ01.