Introducing the Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty, designed in collaboration with Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci. Majesty was the original name before the band became Dream Theater. John Petrucci calls the Majesty “the most innovative and forward-thinking signature electric guitar in the JP Signature line”…
Featuring laser-etched maple that’s finished to resemble carbon fiber, the Majesty guitar boasts a super-lightweight body with unparalleled fret access, DiMarzio voicing and an ebony fretboard with the Majesty logo (for Dream Theater’s original moniker) above the first fret.
The Majesty comes with Music Man’s Game Changer technology, which is used to enhance the switching speed of the 3-way and the Piezo to HH switch. True to form, the audio signal is never digitized or modeled in any way, providing a transparent analog signal path for the absolute purist.
“The Majesty guitar symbolizes the very reason why I am so proud to be a Music Man artist. I had the idea for this guitar a couple of years ago but it is because of their innovative spirit and dedication to the art of guitar building that it is now a reality”
“I wanted to push the boundaries of sound, feel, design, ergonomics and esthetics and from day one Sterling and the Music Man engineering team were completely on board and committed to the project. It’s all about asking the right questions; ‘How can we make this guitar sound and look better, feel lighter and easier to play?’ ‘How can we make access to the upper frets even easier, make the guitar an even more versatile creative tool while designing a modern, sleek and beautifully crafted musical instrument’? Those questions were pondered and answered by head engineer on the project, Drew Montell and tested, tried and questioned again and again by myself Sterling and Dudley over the past 2+ years. Things that we learned and loved about my previous JP signature models were carried over such as the fast neck contour, fretboard radius and stainless steel frets while new additions such as the Game Changer circuit were added to make the Majesty even more incredible”.
- Body Wood: Basswood with maple top and mahogany through neck
- Body Finish: Matte
- Size: 6 string: 12″ wide, 1-3/4″ thick, 37″ long (30.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Scale Length: 25-1/2″ (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 17″ (43.2 cm)
- Headstock Size: Angled & Only 5-7/8″ (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 24 – Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 6 String – 1-11/16″ (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4″ (57.2 mm) at last fret 7 String – 1-7/8″ (47.6 mm) at nut, 2-19/32″ (65.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Custom JP Majesty Inlays
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Neck Colors: Color matches body
- Pickups: HH – DiMarzio Illuminators; Piezo bridge pickup
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector, momentary mono/stereo output knob (Piezo Volume)
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking with black pearl buttons (Chrome on Precious Metal Series)
- Truss Rod: Adjustable – no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: Through neck design
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations – .022µF tone capacitor
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® Piezo floating tremolo, made of black pearl plated (chrome for Precious Metal Series), hardened steel with stainless steel saddles.
- Weight: 6 string: 6 lbs, 12 oz (3.06 kg) – varies slightly
- Left Handed: No
- Colors: Polar Noir, Glacial Frost, Iced Crimson, Siberian Sapphire, Arctic Dream, Copper Fire, Goldmine, Silver Lining