Duesenberg release two new lines for 2016 the Gran Royale hollowbody and the Gran Majesto semi-hollowbody. The Gran Majesto is a big body archtop featuring dual pickups with the new Phonico pickup covers and new 4-Way rotary pickup switch. Available in two variations: the double cutaway and single cutaway version…
The Gran Majesto features a solid centerblock, provide the celebrated Duesenberg flexibility from clean to rock tones and even further. Additionally, the Gran Majesto features twin F-Holes, a floating transparent pickguard and the new 4-Way rotary pickup switch which adds a new variation to the way pickups can be combined.
The pickup switch located at the lower cutaway now lets you choose between a full Humbucker and P90 combination, as well as the typical Duesenberg wiring where low-end frequencies are filtered out of the humbucker signal when both pickups are combined. You can also select each one individually, of course.
The new Phonico pickup covers are our visionary expression of truly independent hardware design. They also prove that nothing really has to stay the same just because it always has been. The inside dimensions are designed to hold most forms of today’s pickups, just in case you may want to swap them. We don’t think you will.
The open style modern tuners operate smoothly, reduce weight and eliminate sharp string ends sticking out of the headstock. And the design receives just as much attention to detail as the rest of the guitar.
All our instruments are fitted with our own hardware, which you will only find on a Duesenberg. We design it with attention to even the smallest details to create truly unique instruments from tuner buttons to jack plates.
The Gran Majesto is available in two variations: The double cutaway version comes in a deep Catalina Green and is equipped with an aluminium stop-tailpiece for enhanced resonance transfer. The single cutaway version is available in a classic Vintage Burst sporting a Duesenberg Radiator Tremola.
- Type: semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, 2 f-holes
- Versions: single or double cutaway
- Top: laminated Spruce
- Back/sides: laminated Maple
- Size: 51,5 x 41 cm / 20.27″ x 16″
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8″
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: transparent Plexi
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Neck joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece Maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67″ (nut), 52 mm / 2.05″ (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8″ (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95″ (12th fret)
- Neck shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard radius: 30.5 mm / 12″
- Inlays: Duesenberg Wing
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5″
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Rosewood veneer
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg “Phonico” (P-90 Domino)
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg “Phonico” (Grand Vintage Humbucker)
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 4-way rotary switch
- Tuners: Duesenberg Open Z-Tuners
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Radiator Tremolo (single cutaway version)
- Stop Tailpiece: (double cutaway version)
- Strap pins: Kluson Multi-Lock
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Colors: Vintage Sunburst, Catalina Green
- Weight: 9 lbs 8 oz / 4.3 kg