Chapman Guitars introduce the ML-2 Classic – a special run tribute to the 1950’s gold tops. Special features are the limited edition Gold Top sparkle finish, USA Seymour Duncan SH-1 Blues set of 59 PAF style humbuckers and a special tone control that activates the infamous ‘Peter Green Mod’…
This special run has the same basic specs as the standard Chapman ML-2 – solid Mahogany body, Maple neck with Ebony fingerboard, 25″ scale length, 24 extra jumbo frets, TonePros bridge & Grover tuners. The difference with the ML-2 Classic is the set of USA Seymour Duncan SH-1 Blues 59 PAF style humbuckers instead of the Guitarnivores and in place of the coil tap you can pull the tone control to invert the phase of the neck pickup (commonly referred to as the Peter Green Mod).
The ML-2 Classic is a tribute to the 1950s gold tops, the very pinnacle of sophistication and the poster-boys of vintage guitars at their very best.
Read more about the Peter Green ‘mod’ here… 2011 article by Jol Dantzig “The Secret of Peter Green’s Tone“
- Body: solid Mahogany
- Neck: Maple
- Construction: Set neck
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Frets: 24 extra jumbo
- Fretboard radius: 350mm (13 ¾”)
- Nut width: 43mm (57mm at 24th fret)
- Scale length: 25” (635mm)
- Neck finish: satin finish to reverse of neck with gloss finish on headstock
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan SH-1 Blues humbucker set
- Bridge: TonePros & tailpiece
- Nut: TUSQ
- Tuners: Grover Machine Heads
- Controls: 3-way pickup switch with tone & 2 x volume controls
- Special feature: tone control is pulled out to activate neck phase reverse – known as the Peter Green mod.
- Finish: Hi-gloss Goldtop sparkle
- Weight: 9lbs/4.08kg
- Country manufactured: South Korea