660 Guitars announce the introduction of the new Aviator AV27 model guitar – their take on a heavy metal classic. The iconic V design is cut out of a slab of aircraft grade aluminum…
The AV27 has been engineered as a modern approach to the classic ‘V’ guitar design. The AV27 extends 660 Guitars’ already robust line of American-made instruments, featuring all-aluminum bodies. Customers can place orders directly from the factory.
Founders Drew Emory and Myke Wilkerson describe their guitars as being warm and resonant with tank-like construction. Like the Patriot, the shapely body of the AV27 has been fashioned from a single block of aircraft-grade aluminum, with a powder-coated finish available in numerous colors. Each of the rear horns is punctuated with parallel cutouts, with a large triangular gap to the front top doubling as a carry handle.
- Body: aircraft grade Aluminum
- Back: smoked acrylic back glass
- Weight: 7.5 lbs.
- Neck: solid graphite / carbon fiber
- Neck shape: shallow oval
- Scale length: 25.5” / 648mm
- Neck radius: 16” / 406mm
- Pickups: Dimarzio Dominion Humbuckers
- Pickups: mounted on ‘mini-rails’ – allows numerous user-adjusted tonal variations
- Tuners: Sperzel Sound-Lok
- Bridge: Hipshot USA
- Bridge option: Kahler USA Trem Bridge available
- Strap: Hennessy secure strap locks
- Colours: yellow, red, grey, black
- Finish: resilient powder coating