Introduced more than a half-century ago, the Gibson SG Standard achieved legendary status almost from the moment it hit the scene in 1961. To pay homage to the original 1961 SG Standard, Gibson introduces the SG ’61 Reissue Satin, a guitar that packs all the most desirable features of vintage SGs, with a great “satin” finish that gives it the look and feel of a well-aged classic.
Like the original 1961 SG and all of the classic variations since, the SG ’61 Reissue Satin has a body crafted from solid Mahogany in the asymmetrical “double-horned” deep double-cutaway design.
Gibson SG 61 Reissue Satin features:
- Sold Mahogany body available in three satin nitro finishes
- Mahogany neck with comfortable slim, rounded profile
- Baked Maple fingerboard with acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Features a pair of powerful ’57 Classic humbucking pickups
- TonePros™ vintage-style tuners with tulip-buttons and 16:1 tuning ratio