The Fret-King Country Squire is a subtly and sensitively reworked timeless classic. Elegant and capable, the semi-acoustic, chambered-bodied Country Squire Semitone is traditional and versatile all at the same time. The Semitone sports an extra mini knob controlling the Fret-King ‘Vari-coil’™ circuit, which progressively rolls back the humbuckers to custom voiced single coils, so in the spin of a knob you can go from roaring high output bridge humbucker, to sweet mellow neck single coil, then back again in an instant to that oh so familiar single coil bridge bite.
Improving upon classics is tricky, but with the Black Label Country Squires, Fret-King just may have done it!
Fret-King Black Label Country Squire Semitone features:
- Body: semi acoustic chambered two-piece centre-jointed American alder body with tortoiseshell binding.
- Neck: Canadian hard rock maple.
- Fingerboard: rosewood, 10” radius, 22 medium jumbo frets, pearl dots.
- Scale: 25.5”/648mm.
- Nut: Graphite.
- Pickup: Wilkinson WHHB3+3 (N) WHHB (B).
- Controls: volume, tone & Vari-coil (humbucker to single coil), 3-way Lever.
- Hardware: Wilkinson WTBS bridge and WJ05 tuners.