Gibson Custom announces the release of the Collector’s Choice #7 1960 Les Paul, an exacting recreation of legendary music producer and songwriter John Shanks’s beloved Les Paul, serial number 0-0289.
As with each guitar in the Collector’s Choice series, Gibson Custom team gained intimate access to the prized Les Paul, so that every minute detail necessary to recreate the look, feel, and tone of the original has been captured. The result is a truly unique Les Paul, the closest you will come to owning the real thing.
To complete the sonic accuracy of Collector’s Choice #7 1960 Les Paul, Gibson Custom carefully measured the pickups in John Shanks’s original guitar, and recreated a set of Custom Buckers wound to precisely the same specs.
Gibson Collectors Choice 7 1960 Les Paul Shanks features:
- Back: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany with Maple Spline
- Neck Profile: Rounded
- Fingerboard Rosewood
- Radius: 12″
- Scale Length: 24.75″
- Binding: .04 Cream
- Inlays: Nitrocellulose Trapezoid
- Headstock Angle: 17 Degrees
- Tuners: Grover kidney
- Tuning Ratio: 12:01
- Bridge Type: ABR-1 with Nickel Plating
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar with Nickel plating
- Knobs: Gold Top Hat with Dial Pointers
- Pickups: (Neck Position) Custom Bucker Alnico III
- Pickups: (Bridge Position) Custom Bucker Alnico III
- Pickup Coil Wiring: Parallel-Machine Wound
Could this be 2013 Guitar of the Year? You decide…
It’s free to vote and no registration required
Like the Collectors Choice 7 1960 Les Paul Shanks and want to see it in the Hall of Fame? Rate this guitar now (click on the stars below – 1 star = don’t like, 5 stars = love it!)… at least 50 votes with over 75% average rating gets this guitar into The HoF – the Guitar Planet Hall of Fame and from there into the Guitar of the Year award.