In response to his still-strong legion of fans around the world, Carvin has created the Jason Becker Tribute JB200C electric guitar. The Custom Shop worked with Jason to design this instrument as closely as possible to his original DC200. The JB200C is loaded with many upgraded standard features, combined with our state-of-the art modern manufacturing processes.
The JB200C was designed to closely replicate Jason’s original DC200 guitar from the late 1980s. It’s loaded with standard features, including a 4A flamed maple top and matching pointed inline headstock, flamed maple fingerboard with abalone dot inlays, tung-oiled maple neck, M22SD & M22V humbuckers with active electronics and black hardware. Choose translucent Sapphire Blue like Jason’s original guitar, or select from our extensive list of finishes, or even upgrade to 4A quilted maple.
In 1988, up-and-coming neo classical guitar virtuoso Jason Becker and his Cacophony bandmate Marty Friedman came to Carvin in search of their ideal instruments. Marty took to the V220, while Jason bonded with the more traditional DC200. The Custom Shop built Jason his dream guitar, a tremolo- equipped DC200 finished in sapphire blue on flamed maple with a flamed maple fingerboard, tung-oiled neck, and black hardware. This guitar would become one of Jason’s main instruments, and appeared in magazine articles and print ads, as well as on stage.
Carvin JB200C Jason Becker features:
- Construction: neck through
- Scale length: 25″
- Body: Alder
- Neck: tung-oiled hardrock maple neck with thinner profile (19mm @ 1st fret, 21.6mm @ 12th fret); inline pointed Headstock
- Fingerboard: flamed maple, 12″ radius
- Inlays: abalone dots
- Neck width: 1.69″ wide @ nut, 2.22″ wide @ 24th fret
- Hardware: black
- Bridge: original Floyd Rose tremolo with locking nut
- Tuners: Sperzel locking tuners
- Frets: 24 nickel-silver jumbo, .110 wide X .055 tall
- Pickups: M22SD bridge humbucker, M22V neck humbucker
- Electronics: push/pull active/passive controls with passive master volume & tone and active master volume & cut/boost for bass & treble, 3-way pickup selector, 2 dual/single coil switches, phase switch
- Dimensions: 39.5″ long, 12.75″ wide body, 1.68″ thick body
- Weight: 7.5 lbs
This guitar made it into the Guitar Planet Hall of Fame – this section is being rebuilt come back shortly…