For 2012 Caparison have introduced the M3 body construction to the Horus model. A choice of Maple or Ebony can now be specified for the fingerboard material and the neck and headstock now feature binding. The Horus is unique in design, featuring 27 frets but with a standard scale length, thus removing the need for the player to adjust their technique. To ensure the higher frets are accessible the Horus features a compact body design and deep cutaway. The Sponge finish is applied by hand so each production model is visually unique.
The Caparison Horus was originally introduced in 1995 and was developed in collaboration with the Japanese guitarist, Chacha Maru.
Caparison Horus M3 features:
- Body Material: Mahogany & Maple
- Neck Joint: Bolt-On
- Neck Material: Hard Maple
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony (EF) Or Maple (MF) With Ivory Binding
- Scale Length: 628mm (24 3/4″)
- Nut Width: 42mm
- No. Of Frets: 27 Jumbo
- Nut: Schaller R2 Locking Nut
- Position Inlay: Clock
- Headstock: Devil’s Tail With Gold Horus Logo, Ivory Binding
- Head Angle: 15 Degrees
- Machine Heads: Gotoh SG381-07 H.A.P.
- Pickup: Caparison SH-27F (neck), Caparison PH-R (bridge)
- Controls: Master Volume(CTS 500kA), 3-Way Toggle Switch