New for 2012 from Indonesian based Rick Hanes Guitars – the Avenix series. Features a Mahogany body and Maple neck & fretboard with 24 frets. Pickups are Seymour Duncan TB-59 (bridge) and Seymour Duncan APH-1 (neck). The Avenix comes equipped with an Original Floyd Rose tremolo system.
Avenix Series also been setup by PLEK Machine (a computer controlled device that scans and dresses guitars under actual playing conditions, strung and tuned to pitch). This is a major breakthrough since PLEK not only identifies precisely what needs to be done for perfect fretwork but also executes the adjustments itself to deliver perfect results on each instrument.
Rick Hanes Avenix features:
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Maple
- Construction Type: Bolt on
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Fretboard: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: Radius 14″
- Fretwire: Stewmac Wide Jumbo Frets
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale length: 25-1/2″
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan TB-59 (Bridge) and Seymour Duncan APH-1 (Neck)
- Bridge: Original Floyd Rose
- Tuners: Grover 505BC6 Mini Rotomatics
- Potentiometers: Seymour Duncan 500K
- Knobs: 1 Volume + 1 Tone with Gotoh VK3 Steel Dome Knobs
- Switch: Schaller 3 Way
- Strings: D’Addario EKXL110
- Headstock Angle: 14 degrees
- Finishes: Cubix, Cubism, Green Swirl, Red Swirl, Blue Swirl
Could this be 2012 Guitar of the Year? You decide…
It’s free to vote and no registration required
Like the Avenix and want to see it in the Hall of Fame? Rate this guitar now (click on the stars below – 1 star = don’t like, 5 stars = love it!)… at least 30 votes with over 75% average rating gets this guitar into The HOF – the Guitar Planet Hall of Fame and from there into the Guitar of the Year award.