Kiesel Carvin Guitars debut the newest member of the Aries Series bolt-neck, bevel-top guitar family, the Aries AM7 Multiscale fanned-fret guitar. The AM7 is modeled on the popular Aries A7 but with 24 fanned frets, and a multiscale length bolt-on neck configuration…
Multiscale guitars have been high on many players wish list for quite some time, and after extensive R&D by the Kiesel Carvin USA Custom Shop, we’ve come up with an instrument that will satisfy the most discriminating musician.
The Aries Multiscale Series feature an aggressively beveled body, sculpted horns – inspired by the Vader Series headless guitars, while allowing easy access high on the 24-fret fingerboard. The AM7 has 25.5” scale on the high strings and 27.0” on the thickest strings – both use the 9th fret location for the parallel or non-slanted fret. These are not like the other brand Multiscales out there, the AM7 is comfortable and easy to adapt to, thanks to all the R&D and prototyping work.
A newly-designed easy-access neck joint with recessed ferrules, Kiesel Lithium pickups and dual carbon-fiber neck rods elevate the AM7 to the ranks of elite instruments. The AM7 is ideal for guitarists that want a multiscale 24-fret fingerboard, but prefer the design of a bolt-neck instrument. Hundreds of available options allow you to build your AM7 exactly the way you want it, and have an instrument that you’ll be proud to play and own for years to come.
The AM7 is constructed to the highest possible standards of quality and playability by the Kiesel Guitars USA Custom Shop in San Diego, California.
- Body: Alder
- Dimensions: 38.25″ long, 1.65″ thick body, 12.5″ wide body
- Options: Hundreds of Custom Shop options, including body and neck woods, top woods, fingerboard woods, fretwire, a weight-reducing chambered body option and much more…
- Neck: tung-oiled Maple
- Construction: bolt-on neck with sculpted neck joint
- Scale length: multiscale; 25.5″ treble side, 27″ bass side
- Headstock: Maple with reverse-pointed inline headstock and Kiesel logo
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard radius: 20″
- Inlays: offset white pearl dots
- Neck width: 1.88″ wide @ nut, 2.63″ wide @ 24th fret, .780″ thick at 1st fret, .855″ thick at 12th fret
- Frets: 24 medium-jumbo, .103 wide X .048 tall
- Parallel fret: 9th fret location for the parallel or non-slanted fret
- Truss rod: dual carbon-fiber rods, along with a 2-way fully adjustable truss rod
- Pickups: angled direct-mount passive Kiesel Lithium K14 humbuckers
- Pickup option: optional center position single-coil
- Controls: master volume and tone controls, 5-way blade-style pickup selector
- Hardware: chrome
- Bridge: multiscale Hipshot™ solo saddles with strings-through-body
- Tuners: Premium Kiesel locking tuners, 19:1 ratio
- Average weight: 8.0 lbs
- Colors/finishes: Kiesel Racing Green, Antique Ash, Buckeye Burl, Deep Nightburst, Surf Green, Deep Lizardburst, many more…
- Country manufactured: USA