8 years in the making, Martin Hagstrom and Fredrik Thordendal of Meshuggah get a new 8-string signature model built in Japan – the M8M Meshuggah. Its characteristic sound comes from a 29.4 inch extra long scale neck and hand-made Lundgren Model M8 pickups give tight bass response & defined highs. Schaller Security Locks are equipped for agressive stage performance.
“This is the guitar we’ve been marveling over since we received the custom shop model 8 years ago. It has been used in the studio and on countless stages around the world, and is now available to you as well. Constructed to our exact specifications by master builders in Japan, the tone will speak for itself” – Marten & Fredrik / Meshuggah
Ibanez M8M Meshuggah features:
- Neck Material: 5pc Maple/ Bubinga
- Neck Type: M8M 5pc Maple/Bubinga neck-through
- Body: Alder wing body
- Frets: 6100 Jumbo frets w/Prestige fret edge treatment
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck radius: 400mmR
- Bridge: Fixed Edge III-8 bridge
- Bridge Pickup: Lundgren Model M8 (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic
- Scale/Length: 764.8mm/29.4″
- Country manufactured: Japan
Could this be our Guitar of the Year 2012…?