The G5422TDCG Electromatic Hollow Body is a sharp new Gretsch guitar with a bound double-cutaway hollow body featuring sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, gold plexi pickguard, three-position pickup switch, classic “G” arrow control knobs, rosewood-based Adjusto-Matic bridge and Bigsby-licensed B60G vibrato tailpiece, vintage-style open-back tuners and gold-plated hardware.
When the Gretsch R&D team recently unearthed a Baldwin-era Filter’Tron pickup with knockout punch and phenomenal twang, they incorporated its DNA into dynamic new “Black Top” Filter’Tron pickups, which now endow Electromatic hollow-body instruments such as the G5422TDCG with an electrifying new voice and identity.
Gretsch G5422TDCG Electromatic features:
- Body Material: 5-Ply Maple
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875″ (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.5″ (62.2 cm)
- Bridge Pickup: “Black Top” Filter’Tron Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: “Black Top” Filter’Tron Neck Pickup
- Hardware Finish: Gold-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matic Bridge
- Bigsby-Licensed B60G Vibrato Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Open-Back
- Available in Snow Crest White.