It’s been well over two decades since a G&L Superhawk was last produced. Now G&L is proud to announce the launch of the Superhawk Jerry Cantrell signature model, available in two USA-made versions as well as a surprisingly affordable G&L Tribute Series version. This Superhawk starts out with the same soft Maple body and fast-playing hard rock Maple neck with Ebony fingerboard as the Rampage. It even shares the same Seymour Duncan JB pickup in the bridge position, but adds a Seymour Duncan ’59 in the neck position.
Twenty-something years ago, Jerry Cantrell bought his first G&L Rampage while working at a Dallas music store, and he still rocks ‘em hard today with Alice in Chains. But what Jerry didn’t discover at the time was the G&L Superhawk, a hard-charging model like the Rampage but equipped with twin ‘buckers. That’s changed and so will rock history.
G&L Superhawk Jerry Cantrell features:
- Construction: bolt-on
- Scale: 25 1/2″
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan ’59 humbucker in neck position, Seymour Duncan JB humbucker in bridge positon
- Body wood: Soft Maple
- Body finish: choice of Ivory, Black or Whiskey
- Neck wood: Hard-Rock Maple with Ebony fingerboard
- Neck finish: Clear Satin back with color matched headstock
- Neck profile: G&L custom profile with 12″ radius and 1 3/4″ nut-width
- Nut: 100% natural bone
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo, nickel, Plek dressed
- Tuning keys: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- Controls: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone