The G&L Black Ice ASAT Classic Bluesboy is a factory-modded version of Leo Fender’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. For players looking for the unmistakable warmth of a classic humbucker in the neck position, the Bluesboy delivers with a well-balanced pairing of a Seymour Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover alnico humbucker and a single-coil G&L Magnetic Field Design™ bridge pickup designed by Leo Fender. This latter-day Leo axe is shows its darker side thanks to a Nearly Naked™ (NENA) Black Ice finish over its swamp ash body.
Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil MFD bridge pickup delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the neck ‘bucker and you’ll discover all the charismatic warmth you could ask for.
G&L Black Ice ASAT Classic Bluesboy features:
- Body wood: 2-piece Swamp Ash
- Body finish: Nearly Naked™ (NENA) Black Ice
- Neck wood: Hard Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard
- Neck finish: Clear Satin
- Neck profile: G&L #1 with 12″ radius and 1 5/8 ” nut-width
- Frets: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEK
- Pickup (neck): Seymour Duncan Seth Lover SH-55 humbucker
- Pickup (bridge): G&L ASAT Classic MFD single coil
- Tuning keys: 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
- Bridge: traditional boxed steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- Controls: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
- Pickguard: deleted
- Color: Black Ice