By merging the best attributes of Gibson’s legendary solidbody and archtop electric guitars, the Midtown Standard and Midtown Custom of 2011 became instant hits with players of all stripes.
Now Gibson USA taps those same irresistible qualities and adds a vintage-vibed twist to create a stunning new performer: the Midtown Standard P-90. This great new guitar maintains its predecessors’ trimmed-down and more player-friendly body size that still emulates the lines of Gibson’s classic archtops, but which is built with the Midtown line’s advanced chambered, solid-wood construction (rather than laminated top and back) to truly embody the optimum marriage of solidbody and archtop.
To take the Midtown Standard P-90 anywhere from raw vintage rock, blues and funk to contemporary jazz, Americana, or whatever you want to throw at it, Gibson USA loads the guitar with a pair of fat- and rich-sounding P-90 single-coil pickups.
Gibson Midtown Standard P-90 features:
- Chambered Mahogany body with solid Maple top and f-holes
- Mahogany neck with fast, comfortable ’60s-style profile
- Pair of P-90 Soapbar pickups in the neck and bridge
- Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Premium Grover™ Keystone tuners with 14:1 tuning ratio
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 22
- Radius: 12″
- Binding: Cream
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.695/2.260
- Scale Length: 24.75″
- Inlays: traditional Figured Acrylic Trapezoid
- Colours: Fireburst, Vintage Sunburst, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Wine Red or Pelham Blue
Could this be 2012 Guitar of the Year? You decide…
It’s free to vote and no registration required
Like the Midtown Standard P-90 and want to see it in the Hall of Fame? Rate this guitar now (click on the stars below – 1 star = don’t like, 5 stars = love it!)… at least 30 votes with over 75% average rating gets this guitar into The HOF – the Guitar Planet Hall of Fame and from there into the Guitar of the Year award.