Gibson’s “thinline semi-hollow” ES models were an instant hit when they made the scene in 1958. Gibson USA’s Midtown Custom takes all of the legendary ES properties a step further, maximizing each design goal, while adding a rich, deep resonance all its own…
With a trimmed-down and more player-friendly body size that still emulates the lines of the ES models, but built with the chambered solid-wood construction, the Midtown Custom truly embodies the optimum marriage of solidbody and archtop.
Plugged in, this elegant hotrod runs the gamut of legendary Les Paul-to-ES tones, thanks to a pair of BurstBucker pickups, two of Gibson’s finest vintage-PAF-style humbuckers, and classic four-knob wiring with three-way toggle selector.
Gibson Midtown Custom features:
- Chambered Mahogany body with carved, bound Maple top
- Mahogany neck with ’60s SlimTaper™ neck profile
- Black Richlite® fingerboard with acrylic block inlays
- Burstbucker 1 in the neck and Burstbucker 2 in the bridge
- Grover™ kidney button tuners with 14:1 tuning ratio
Guitar Planet rating
Like the Midtown Custom and want to see it in the Hall of Fame? Rate this guitar now (click on the stars below)… at least 20 votes with over 75% average rating gets this guitar into The HOF – the Guitar Planet Hall of Fame and from there into the 2011 Guitar of the Year award.