When Gibson introduced the M-III in 1991 it totally embodied the “shred” guitar, marrying Gibson’s thundering power that had already ruled the rock world for more nearly four decades with the scale length, speed, and ultra-pointy styling that appealed to the world’s fastest players…
The new M-III from Gibson USA captures the magic of the original guitar’s playability, power, and visual appeal, thanks to Gibson’s renowned and exacting standards of workmanship and finish.
The 25 ½” scale length enables piano-like lows and shimmering highs, while a Floyd Rose™ trem facilitates everything from radical dive-bombing to evocative vibrato, all with unparalleled tuning stability.
Gibson M-III features:
- Solid Mahogany body with radical double-pointed styling
- Maple neck with fast, slim profile
- Fingerboard: grade-A Maple with arrow-head inlays
- Frets: 24 Jumbo
- Scale length: 25 ½”
- Dirty Fingers+™ humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions. Single coil pickup in the middle position.
- Floyd Rose™ vibrato tailpiece
- Grover™ Mini-Kidney tuners
- Controls: five-way switch, combined with push-pull switching on the master tone control for humbucker coil-splitting
- Colours: Cosmic Cobalt, Electric lime, Vibrant Red, Orange Glow