Now the Les Paul Standard from Gibson USA kicks the legend into a whole new dimension, loading an ergonomic new fingerboard radius and incredibly versatile pickup switching functions onto a guitar that otherwise still embodies everything that made the “standard” legendary. 3lbs less weight than traditional Les Pauls and to top it off includes Grover Locking Kidney tuners, a TonePros tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece, and a traditional cream pickguard in the case should you decide to mount it.
Ever since PAF humbuckers met flamed-maple top in 1958, the Les Paul Standard has been revered among players for its unparalleled heights of tone and playability, as well as its sultry looks
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2012 features:
- Solid Mahogany body with standard or grade AAA-premium figured Maple top
- Mahogany neck with compound radius Rosewood fingerboard and asymmetrical SlimTaper profile
- BurstBucker Pro Rhythm and BurstBucker Pro Lead pickups in the neck and bridge
- TonePros Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
- Grover Locking kidney tuners with 18:1 tuning ratio