Gibson Custom introduces the Kirk Hammett Flying V, a meticulous recreation of Kirk’s own Flying V and trusted companion throughout his playing career with Metallica. This tribute to Kirk Hammett’s achievements will be produced in strictly limited numbers: 50 guitars will be aged and signed by the artist himself, with a further 100 guitars aged only.
Listed at #11 in Rolling Stone’s “The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time”. Kirk Hammett has expressed unparalleled power, tone and talent in his nearly 30-year career with Metallica.
Gibson Kirk Hammett Flying-V features:
- One-piece Mahogany body with nitrocellulouse finish
- Rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays
- Crushing EMG™ 81® and EMG™ H® active pickups in the neck and bridge
- Modified Tune-O-Matic Stars Guitar style bridge with stopbar tailpiece
- Schaller™ M6® with #2 button tuners and 14:1 tuning ratio