Gibson Custom is proud to announce the release of Collector’s Choice #6 1959 Les Paul #9-1918. This rare and highly prized 1959 Les Paul Model is an extremely clean original example, and exhibits many of the most desirable traits of 1958-1960 Les Pauls.
“I call it my ‘Number One’ or ‘Desert Island’ guitar because it’s by far the best guitar I’ve ever owned, held, or heard,” says Mike Slubowski, owner of the original 1959 Les Paul. Collector’s Choice #6 1959 Les Paul #9-1918 is being made available in a limited run with a maximum of 300 examples.
Guitars in the Collector’s Choice series by Gibson Custom bring players and collectors closer to owning a specific, existing vintage Les Paul than anything else available on the market. Through exacting study and measurement of the original instrument, precise digital scanning of the woods, and the unparalleled skill of the luthiers of Gibson Custom
Gibson Collector’s Choice #6 1959 Les Paul features:
- Mahogany back with unique lightly-figured Maple top
- Rosewood fingerboard with nitrocellulose trapezoid inlays
- Custom Bucker and Custom Bucker S Humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge
- ABR-1 bridge with lightweight aluminum stop bar
- Gotoh Nickel Reissue Green Keys with 12:1 tuning ratio
- Neck: Mahogany with Maple Spline
- Neck profile: ’59 Rounded
- Truss Rod: Traditional
- Fingerboard: Radius 12″
- Scale length: 24.75″
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar with Nickel plating
Could this be 2012 Guitar of the Year? You decide…
It’s free to vote and no registration required
Like the Collector’s Choice #6 1959 Les Paul and want to see it in the Hall of Fame? Rate this guitar now (click on the stars below)… at least 30 votes with over 75% average rating gets this guitar into The HOF – the Guitar Planet Hall of Fame and from there into the Guitar of the Year award.