The entire premise of Gibson Custom’s Collector’s Choice series revolves around the recreation of the most prized Les Paul Standards. Collector’s Choice #3 0-0137 1960 Les Paul Standard, otherwise known to all as “The Babe,” is a marvelously well-preserved Les Paul Standard. It presents an unusual combination of late-’59 features on an early 1960 model-year guitar, as well as being one of very few verifiable Standards of the era produced with a factory-ordered Bigsby vibrato.
The Collector’s Choice 1960 Les Paul #3 0-0137 “The Babe” is a precise recreation of what is an unusual and extremely desirable Les Paul by any standards, and production is strictly limited so it is destined to remain an extremely collectible guitar.
Gibson Collectors Choice 3 1960 Les Paul Standard The Babe features:
- One-piece Mahogany back with hand-selected, Eastern Maple top
- Rosewood fingerboard with vintage-accurate trapezoid inlays
- Powerful Custom Bucker #3 Humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge
- ABR-1 bridge with aluminum base and Bigsby® tailpiece
- Gotoh Nickel Reissue Green Keys with 12:1 tuning ratio