The new Fender Standard Stratocaster Swirl model looks and sounds out of this world, with one of the most vividly arresting looks a Stratocaster has ever had – a swirling, multi-colored marbled finish that looks like something from another planet.
Features include an alder body, maple neck with “modern C” profile and satin urethane back finish, 9.5″-radius rosewood fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets, single-coil neck and middle pickups, humbucking bridge pickup, five-way switching, three-ply black-white-black pickguard and black plastic control knobs, and a vintage-style six-saddle synchronized tremolo bridge.
Each Standard Stratocaster Swirl body undergoes a unique finishing process, resulting in a design that is as random and one-of-a-kind as a thumbprint—simply put, no two are the same!
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS Swirl features:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck, Gloss Finish on the Face of the Headstock
- Neck Shape: Modern “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade, Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Front Coil of Bridge Pickup and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle/Neck Pickups, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Unique Features: ’70s Fender® Logo, Black Plastic Parts
Could this be 2013 Guitar of the Year? You decide…
It’s free to vote and no registration required
Like the Standard Stratocaster HSS Swirl and want to see it in the Hall of Fame? Rate this guitar now (click on the stars below – 1 star = don’t like, 5 stars = love it!)… at least 50 votes with over 75% average rating gets this guitar into The HoF – the Guitar Planet Hall of Fame and from there into the Guitar of the Year award.