When Kurt Cobain hit the stage, it was very often with a Mustang® guitar – an enigmatic anti-hero figure with an esoteric anti-hero instrument. Fender introduces the Kurt Cobain Mustang – with highly distinctive features including an angled single-coil Mustang neck pickup and ferocious Seymour Duncan® JB humbucking bridge pickup mounted directly to the body, dual on-off/phase in-out switches for each pickup, a polyester-finished alder body and an Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with dynamic vibrato tailpiece.
Kurt Cobain liked Mustangs a lot. See for yourself – go back and watch the famous 1991 video for “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” and there he is and there it is slung over his shoulder.
Fender Kurt Cobain Mustang features:
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Shape: “C” Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Style
- Position Inlays: Vintage Ivory Dots
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Scale Length: 24″ (61 cm)
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® JB Model™ Humbucking Bridge Pickup – Direct Mount
- Neck Pickup: Mustang® Single-Coil Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge with Dynamic Vibrato Tail-piece
- Colours: Dark Lake Placid Blue with stripes, Sonic Blue, Fiesta Red