The Fender American Vintage ’65 Jazzmaster takes you back to the middle of that musically momentous decade, when the reverb-drenched surf had largely receded and the Jazzmaster began its steady decade-long ascent toward alternative indispensability for subversive new generations of iconoclastic guitarists. It had also acquired some elegant new design features by 1965, such as a bound round-laminated Rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays, and distinctive white “witch hat” control knobs.
Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet.
Fender American Vintage ’65 Jazzmaster features:
- Body: Alder
- Neck Shape: Mid ’60s “C” Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Style Frets
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25″ (18.41 cm)
- Fretboard: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (64.8 cm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup: New American Vintage ’65 Jazzmaster (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: New American Vintage ’65 Jazzmaster (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone; “Rhythm” Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Vintage Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line “Fender Deluxe” Vintage Style
- Available in Three-color Sunburst, Olympic White and limited Aztec Gold finishes.