The Epiphone Genesis was introduced in 1979 and now after 33 years it is back. Now Epiphone reissues the Genesis Pro for 2012 combining features from all three of the vintage models into one. Designed by Jim Walker who was Director of Marketing for Gibson Guitar Corporation and one of the builders of the very first Hamer Guitars. The Epiphone Genesis Pro features upgraded Probucker pickups, better-looking tops (AAA flame Maple veneer), new finishes plus it’s 2 lbs lighter.
The Epiphone Genesis is arguably the best solidbody guitar built by Epiphone and is sought after by collectors due to the scarcity of tonewoods.
Epiphone Genesis Pro features:
- Body: Mahogany with AAA flame maple veneer
- Pickups: ProBucker 2 & 3
- Binding: Single-ply body & neck
- Neck: Set mahogany with 1960’s SlimTaper “D” profile
- Neck joint: Deep-set long tenon & volute
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with trapezoid inlays
- Truss rod cover: 2-ply with “Genesis” engraving
- Fingerboard radius: 12″
- Frets: 22 medium-jumbo
- Headstock: Elongated with no inlay
- Tailpiece: LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar
- Hardware: gold
- Tuners: 14:1 ratio Grover
- Input jack: Side-mounted
- Scale length: 24.75″
- Nut width: 1.65″
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, push/pull coil tapping for each pickup, 3-way selector switch
Guitar Planet rating
It’s free to vote and no registration required but you only get one shot
Like the Genesis Pro and want to see it in the Hall of Fame? Rate this guitar now (click on the stars below)… at least 20 votes with over 75% average rating gets this guitar into The HOF – the Guitar Planet Hall of Fame and from there into the Guitar of the Year award.