New for 2012 – the Collings 290 DC. Some things are simply better in pairs. With a sleekly contoured double-cutaway mahogany body and dual hand-wound P90 pickups from Jason Lollar, the new 290 DC offers unhindered access to the upper frets and a wide range of tonal possibilities. From pristine clean tones with rich harmonic complexity to hard-hitting classic rock sounds, there are few bases the 290 DC cannot cover.
To further the guitar’s vintage-inspired tone and aesthetic, Collings have made available their own custom wraparound bridge (optional) that’s been designed to deliver unsurpassed dynamic range and improved intonation up the neck.
Collings 290 DC features:
- Solid Mahogany Body
- Hand Set Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- High Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Soapbar P90-style Pickups by Jason Lollar
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Ebony Peghead Veneer
- Grained Ivoroid Dot Fingerboard Inlays
- Amber or Black Top Hat Knobs
- 24 7/8″ Scale Length
- 50’s Style Wiring
- 12″ Fingerboard Radius
- Tone Pros Bridge and Tailpiece
- Gotoh SG301 Tuners with Vintage-Style Buttons